Company Name: AVAYA
Company Website: www.Avaya.com
Job Reference No.: ICT-AVATECH01
Job Title: Technical Sales Academy Associate
Avaya is known as a leader in helping organizations around the world succeed by integrating communications with business strategy and operations. In fact, Avaya came about as an independent company so it could bring even more focus to innovating in business communications.
Purpose of the role? (over view)
Shadows senior level professionals to learn about the entire Avaya sales cycle, internal systems and process, how to interact with customers and partners, build relationships, and handle competitive objections. Responsible for actively developing key technical selling skills along with overall product and solution knowledge. In collaboration with a technical sales lead and other assigned resources, provides technical support assistance to account teams for customers or partners in assigned territory or accounts. Partners with senior experts to understand customer/partner business requirements. Creates, documents and presents technical solutions and product configurations. Assists with technical sales proposals, demos, trials and proof-of-concept activities as directed. When supporting the channel, builds relationships with partner SEs, assists with partner demos, and supports channel initiatives. Work performed depends on others for instruction, guidance and direction. Goals and objectives are assigned by an immediate supervisor. Must also successfully achieve key milestones and complete relevant Avaya certifications within first year of employment.
- Provide technical support assistance to account teams for customers or partners in assigned territory or accounts. Participate in client meetings and support the delivery of technical presentations and discussions linked to specific customer/partner needs.
- Participate in discovery activities to understand customer or partner business requirements and translate them into technical requirements. Create, present and document basic technical solutions and product configurations.
- Engage with mentor, coach and experienced SEs to learn about technical discovery and requirements definitions, and how to deliver demos and proofs-of-concepts that represent the technical aspects of how a solution solves specific customer problems, pains and requirements.
- Assist in customer and partner demo, trial and proof-of-concept activities, partner engagement, and channel initiatives as directed. Practice demo delivery with experienced SEs and SE leaders.
- Assist in the development of technical account plans and sales proposals for customers and partners as requested.
- When supporting the channel, build relationships with partner SEs, assist with partner demos, and support channel initiatives.
- Learn how to articulate Avaya’s solution offerings and how they meet the needs of the customer or partner’s customers.
- Build a solid understanding of the features, functions, and benefits of Avaya products, technologies, and services.
- Build and maintain relationships with assigned account team members, sales engineers, and partner sales engineers; begin building relationships with corporate Engineering, Product Marketing, GSS and R&D to become conversant about Avaya’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Maintain cross-functional visibility and credibility within Avaya and with partners.
- Maintain a regular cadence for verbal and written communications with account team, including ad hoc calls and supporting quarterly executive briefings.
- Identify and prioritize critical resources consistent with sales and organizational goals.
- Stay current on relevant company products and competitive positioning. Shadow senior level experts to learn how to overcome technical and competitive objections.
- Leverage key internal specialists (CSEs, CCEs, DSEs, AMs, etc.) as directed for support with technical discovery, requirements definitions, and delivery of demos and proofs-of-concepts.
- Serve as an advocate for the customer or partner and contribute to maintaining a high level of satisfaction. Ensure customers and partners participate in CSAT and PSAT activities as directed.
- Pass customer/partner feedback on product or process improvements to the Product Management or Channel Operations team, as appropriate.
- Follow the activities of the Virtual Teams as part of personal development plan.
- Participate in mentoring activities with more experienced SEs.
- Actively develop key technical skills in relevant products and solutions as defined by assignment (attend knowledge transfer sessions, observe beta trials, etc.).
- Successfully complete relevant Avaya certifications during the first year of employment.
Reporting line: Sales Engineering Manager
Skills required for the role (General Skills and Technical Skills):
- Demonstrates basic business acumen with ability to translate customer/partner needs into proposals.
- Has foundational business knowledge and can understand basic financial statements; able to reference financial information when conducting customer/partner discussions.
- Demonstrates effective listening and presentation skills; able to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals in a way generates confidence, trust and authenticity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Conveys a polished, professional presence.
- Savvy with technology and social media; enjoys learning and using new technologies and applications.
- Possesses a “Learner’s mentality” and proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, gain new experiences and expand knowledge base.
- Shows inquisitiveness and eagerness to gain sales- or business-related knowledge; seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives and applies information appropriately.
- Welcomes feedback on own performance; uses feedback constructively to improve knowledge, skills, and behaviors.
- Puts new knowledge, understanding, or skill to practical use on the job; furthers learning through trial and error.
- Has leadership potential, displays a personality that can inspire others to follow a direction even if they do not understand where they are being led.
- Acts as a team player, and follows direction of senior team members; develops relationships and helps resolve conflicts.
- Does what he or she commits to doing; consistently meets obligations associated with serving customers (e.g., meeting deadlines, customer expectations, and quality deliverables). Takes responsibility for own mistakes and negative outcomes.
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Considers the impact of own actions on others.
- Champions decisions that have been agreed upon.
- Engages people — attends to the needs and feelings of others to develop effective customer partnerships and other work relationships; relates to people easily.
- Drives toward success with a “can-do” attitude— values achievement; proactively seeks business opportunities; looks for competitive advantages.
- Takes a creative approach —thinks unconventionally when faced with challenges; is open to new ideas.
- Sustains positive outlook — approaches sales challenges with confidence of success; remains realistically optimistic when pursuing objectives.
- Accomplishes objectives and is able to plan and execute those objectives.
- Prioritizes own activities — identifies both more critical and less critical activities; adjusts priorities and where time is spent, when appropriate.
- Allocates appropriate amounts of time for completing work; juggles multiple activities and commitments; avoids scheduling conflicts; develops timelines and milestones.
- Assesses competing priorities and identifies necessary resources to handle critical work demands.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally (~25%) to meet with customers, partners, or Avaya resources, potentially outside of home country.
0-3 years sales experience (may include technical support, technical sales support, and hands-on installation in the computer technology industry)
BS/BA (Engineering/Computer Science/Technology) or equivalent; Microsoft and/or Cisco or similar vendor certifications.
English and Arabic
Company contact person email: Faten Halabi
Job posting start date: 15 July 2018
Job posting end date: 19 July 2018