Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Job Reference No.: 624858
Job Title: Solutions Architect, Middle East and Africa
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s leading cloud computing provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and numerous other services. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’ multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations also look to and depend on AWS for cloud solutions
Do you like helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud
computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration
approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of
the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a Solution Architect within the Business Development organization of Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the
opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services
(Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront) within strategic accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation
projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and
services are constructed using the AWS platform.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
Preferable Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will posses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s
environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables
them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated
ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess several years of implementation/consulting experience.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Maths background highly desired; working knowledge of software
development practices and technologies highly desired
- AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Language Required: Fluency in English and Arabic is essential, additional languages are also highly desirable
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain