Company Name: Armacell Middle East Company
Company Website: www.armacell.com
Job Reference No.: ACGR001
Job Title: Government Relations Officer
Job Posting End Date: 15-Mar-2018
Armacell, a world leader in flexible insulation foams for the equipment-insulation market, is also a leading provider of engineered foams. The company operates within two main businesses: Advanced Insulation and Engineered Foams. The Advanced Insulation business develops flexible insulation foam products for the insulation of mechanical equipment in markets where energy distribution is required such as HVAC, plumbing and refrigeration applications in residential and non-residential construction, as well as process lines in various industries and the international oil & gas business.
Under the supervision of the HR & Admin Manager, attends all employees’ GOSI requirements and applications, company vehicle-related matters, traffic and police concerns and all other government-related documentations; likewise, ensures that every employee, his family and company visitor has valid residence permit (Iqama) and / or related documents to make his employment and stay in Bahrain legal.
- Visa Processing and Renewal
- Visits the LMRA and Passport Authorities for the application of new residence permit and renewal of the same.
- Follows up with the passport authority if there is any discrepancy in the application documents as submitted to expedite fast processing.
- Applies in NPRA for visas for employees, their families and business travelers.
- Goes to the airport in case of any mismatch of exit entry in the airport computer at the time of departure.
- Work Permits
- Prepares applications for work visas and processes through the Labor Office and Foreign Ministry Affairs.
- Visits the Labor Office for processing of work permit, change of profession and change of sponsorship transfer to AMEC
- Handles sponsorship change through passport authorities.
- Collects deportation certificates from the airport and causeway.
- Looks after the transfer of visa into the new passport.
- Obtains cause way passbooks for employees.
- Arranges the gate passes for Sea Port.
- Assist Logistics in Customs related tasks.
- Processing GOSI Requirements
- Attends to all enrollments of all newly hired employees for GOSI requirement.
- Does monthly processing of employees’ GOSI contribution.
- Reports any industrial accidents to HR & Admin Manager and processes the GOSI for the same
- Processing Traffic Cases
- Prepares application for driving license (private and heavy duty).
- Goes to driving school to complete application and driving test for the applicant/s.
- Secures from the respective government office the new vehicle registration for new company vehicles.
- Does renewal of driving license of employees.
- Goes to the traffic authorities to secure police reports for traffic accidents and violations and follows up until settled.
- Goes to the newspaper offices for advertisement of lost plate number of vehicles.
- Goes to Ministry of Transportation regarding license renewal of buses and trucks.
- Goes to police authorities regarding employee’s severe misconduct.
- Repatriation of Employees
- Coordinates with Personnel section and Airline for the repatriation in death cases.
- Goes to hospitals, Emirate and police authorities regarding death cases.
- Assists and represents employees in cases involving police authorities.
- Approaches Emirates regarding employees who disappeared and other work-related requirements
Preferable Candidate Profile:
Skills required for the role (General Skills and Technical Skills):
- Proficient in MS Office Applications and other desktop utilities.
- Must have valid Bahrain Driver License.
- Must be a Bahraini National.
- Good documentation and records management skills
- Must have high degree of job flexibility.
2 Years Minimum working in GRO/PRO field
Diploma or equivalent
Language Required: Arabic and English
Location: Hidd Industrial City, Hidd
Administration & HR